Whether you’re a home owner, a landlord or a tenant, it’s easy for things to go sour and for you to end up in a dispute you don’t want to have to deal with. From squatters who need to be evicted to nightmare landlords, there are many potential housing problems that are hard to manage on your own.
Our housing solicitors can help
We understand the challenges of the landlord and tenant relationship and have acted on both sides of disputes. We are experienced in all matters relating to housing law including:
- Drafting tenancy agreements. We’ll make sure that everything is in order and that your rights are protected by law.
- Rent or mortgage arrears. If you’re behind in payments it doesn’t have to mean that you will be evicted. Our housing solicitors can help you negotiate a payment plan with your lender or landlord and negotiate a settlement before any eviction proceedings are lodged.
Housing disrepair claims. Landlords have a responsibility to see that their property is kept in good repair. If they aren’t meeting their responsibilities we can help you bring a case against them.
- Eviction and repossession. If you can’t pay your mortgage or rent and are facing eviction, there are a number of avenues we can explore before you are actually evicted. I
- Illegal eviction. If you are a tenant who has already been evicted, we might be able to have you allowed back into the property and be compensated for the eviction. If you’re a landlord being accused of illegal eviction our housing solicitors can defend your rights.
- Harassment. If your landlord is behaving in a threatening manner, or visiting you without warning, we can have an injunction brought against them.
- Transfers and allocations of council accommodation. If you’ve applied for council accommodation our housing solicitors can help guide you through the allocation scheme.
- Homelessness applications. If you’ve been made homeless you will be able to apply to your local council or housing association for housing. We can help with the application.
Why choose us?
We are dedicated to protecting your rights.
We offer fixed fee services for certain matters.